PE At Home:
Dear Students and Parents,
I hope everyone is staying safe out there and I will miss teaching you in PE class while we are not at school, but the good news is you already have all the skills, tools and knowledge you need to keep your body healthy.
I hope you can use all that we’ve learned in PE this year to stay active each day and if it’s safe and if the weather is nice you could even try to get outside and play in your yards to keep yourselves active.
Optional Skills Review
If you have any of the equipment below (frisbee, ball, jump rope, balloon etc), you can practice reviewing or working on any of the skills that we’ve learned in PE class this year.
- Jump Rope: If you have a jump rope, you can review some of the Single Jump Rope Tricks we learned in PE
- Throwing and Catching: If you have space in your yard and it’s safe to go outside, try to practice throwing and catching with a family member with a ball or a frisbee
- Striking a Balloon (awesome activity for K-2nd Grade)
- Blow up a balloon and practice striking it with different items in your house (or different body parts)
- What is the hardest item or body part to control the balloon with? What’s your record for the most number of hits without moving your feet?
- Basketball: If you have a basketball or playground ball, practice some of the ball handling drills and challenges that we worked on in PE over the last few weeks
Stay Safe, Have Fun and Keep Yourself Active!
Additional/Supplemental Online Resources and Activities for PE at Home
- Free Customizable Kid Workout Program
- Sign up for Sworkit and use them for follow along workouts for kids
- (they have a free kids workouts for anyone to use after signing up and they are even customizable and have student examples for all of the follow along workouts, just click on the “Kids Workouts” section after logging in)